My baby brother came home from college last week, having just finished his freshman year. I’m telling you, his going to college this year has made me feel so old. Nothing like your baby brother no longer being a baby to make you age rapidly.
Since he’s home for summer vacation, he enjoys sleeping in. Who can blame him? I would love to be able to sleep in. But last weekend, I had to wake up early to run some errands. And I had to wake him up to help me. I know, I know, I’m a horrible person! He sounded grumpy when I knocked on his door that morning. I was prepared for it as I had this lovely breakfast all ready for him when he got downstairs. He quickly became pleasant so I guess it worked!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of avocado
- 4 slices of tomato
- 2 tsp pesto
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Heat skillet on medium on the stove.
- Using a bread knife, cut a circle out of the center of each slice of bread.
- Spread oil on one side of each slice of bread, and pesto on the other.
- Place the bread oil side down on the warm skillet.
- Crack an egg into the empty space in each slice of bread. Cook until the whites of the egg are set and remove them from the skillet.
- Top with avocado and tomato slices.
This recipe makes two servings of this healthy (and filling!) breakfast. Enjoy your breakfast!